It’s been awhile, I know, and I apologize for the absence. That being said let’s get on with the writing.
I have a new fascination with quotes. I have started lists of them, I cut them out of magazines, and I have even started decorating with them. As I am sitting on my bed writing this blog, there is one staring me in the face in pink lettering shouting “What are you waiting for?”. Honestly I have no clue what I am waiting for, I know what I want, but waiting for it is ridiculous. I have to activate my life, sitting on my couch living vicariously through the life of Ugly Betty is not getting me any closer to my goals. It’s great TV, but is not helping me be a better me.
I realize now that I have been living by the definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results. That is not how I want to continue to live my life. I want to actually LIVE my life. This journey is no longer about losing weight (don’t get me wrong that is one of the main goals), this journey is about finding the joy in life, getting to know myself, and learning to accept and love the me that I find along the way.
The next few months will bring a lot of changes and I am going to start embracing those changes. I will be changing jobs, going back to the gym, and for the love of all things holy, I will be watching less TV. I have realized over the past few days and countless hours of Ugly Betty, I cannot just sit around and wait for things to happen, this is my life and I have to make things happen and put myself on the path that I want to take because no one else can do it for me. I see 2012 as the year that I empower and reinvent myself and then launch myself at the unsuspecting world around me. So strap in my friends because this could be a long and interesting journey.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment