Saturday, May 3, 2014

Shards and Slivers of My Heart

My heart is shattered into a million pieces, the how and circumstances of it all is not the important part nor is it the reason that I am writing this. My heart is shattered into a million pieces but I know who is the Keeper of my heart. I know that each and every minuscule piece, shard, and sliver is accounted for and is in safe in His hands. I know that He will make it whole again. There will be nothing missing, nothing lacking, it will be whole. Sure, it will be changed. There will be lines and crevices where pieces are bound together with His healing and peace. The shape might be changed,  my heart won't be smaller it will increase, grow with the experience. It will be no less complete than before. It won't be hardened or calloused; it will be wiser, it will be renewed with the love and joy that only God can bring when I place my heart, slivers, shards, and all into His hands.

James 1:4 AMP But let endurance and steadfastness and patience have full play and do a thorough work, so that you may be [people] perfectly and fully developed [with no defects], lacking in nothing.
 
Joel 2:12-13 NLT
12 That is why the Lord says,
    “Turn to me now, while there is time.
Give me your hearts.
    Come with fasting, weeping, and mourning.
13 Don’t tear your clothing in your grief,
    but tear your hearts instead.”
Return to the Lord your God,
    for he is merciful and compassionate,
slow to get angry and filled with unfailing love.
    He is eager to relent and not punish.
 
Psalm 51:16-17 MSG
Going through the motions doesn’t please you,
    a flawless performance is nothing to you.
I learned God-worship
    when my pride was shattered.
Heart-shattered lives ready for love
    don’t for a moment escape God’s notice.

No comments: