Sunday, June 29, 2014

Walk in the New









I am a new creation in Christ, old things have passed away and all things are new. This doesn’t just go for the day that you accept Jesus but every day after, because lets face it we are human and we make mistakes, so daily we get the option to become new. I say option because he makes us completely new, a new creature, if you read various versions of the Bible.  However, if I don’t accept the gift of being a new creation and walk it out, then I revert back to the old me. So this is where I have to put action to it. I have to look for the new ways, I have to choose to walk in them.  I can still go back to the old, God is not going to make me accept the new, He won’t force me.  I have to make the choice (and if you are like me, I have to make it every second of every minute until it is ingrained in me). The old thing will without a doubt come knocking in various forms. Old friends, old vices, old ways of thinking. I still might have to deal with the consequences of past behaviors, but God always gives me an out, it might not be pretty or the feel good solution, but He gives me a way out of every situation and temptation. And let's face it the old way is very tempting, it's comfortable no matter how miserable it is. The old me, I know exactly what to expect, it’s what I know, but God is so much better. Trust His way, the new you has an amazing future lined up, He promised that a future of good full of hope, and that I  will prosper in ALL areas!! Walk in the new and let Him deal with the old because when He deals with the old He casts it as far as the East is from the West, He has no recollection of it. It ceases to exist to Him, I have to choose to forget it and put it behind me. He's not bringing it up, He doesn't shame or condemn me because He has forgotten and moved on. He is waiting for you to do the same. He has made you new.  Walk in the new!


No comments: