Wednesday, August 4, 2010

A Little Update.....

So I have approached this lifestyle change with a much different attitude. I do not have this big plan, menus for months on end, and I am not being hard on myself. Disciplined yes, crazy overhauling my life in one week.....no! I am not crazy motivated and gung ho on this whole process which is different than any other time I have attempted to lose weight. I am kinda just at peace. I know that I need this, and I know that I can do it, and above all I now know that I have an amazing support system. I have not felt that in years. Everyone's responses have made me realize that I could have asked for help a long time ago. I dont really know what type of help I need (insert jokes here) but I hope every one has cell phones handy for chocolate melt downs, freak out moments, and emergency exercise sessions, and just some regular hang out time and good conversations (I think this will turn into another blog topic later). I cannot thank you enough for all of the support.
Okay, on to the real update. I have done really well on the food portion of this change. I have eaten every 3 to 4 hours and have stayed in my calorie range with exception of last night when I went 227 calories over but I am sure that I laughed those off or at least sweat it all off walking to my car today. I have not made it to the gym or done any exercise of any kind this week and I am okay with that at the moment because I know that so far this week I have done what I can and I have done my best. I will get to the gym but it might not be until Friday. And I have not had a soda in 6 days, 6 days people!!!!! I have also been drinking the water in mass quantities which means that I have to pee ever 15 minutes but whatever it takes, right?

Oh if you have any ideas of activities that I should try (on a limited budget of course) let me know. I am seriously thinking that Zumba classes might be the first monthly activity.

1 comment:

Martha said...

Good Job May! So proud of you. I loved Zumba, even though I am not coordinated and have no rhythme, I felt very much like I was doing my own thing, but I was having FUN and EXERCISING :)