So I did weigh in on Sunday my weight had not changed well really I am still at 275. I didn't post because I was staying at my mom's in preparation for my wisdom tooth removal. So here it is 5 days later and I am in a ridiculous amount of pain both mentally and physically. I have been living off of ice cream and rice and beans from Taco Bueno. So I do not have high hope for week 4 weigh in which is the mental part. It has be so hard to eat healthy when I know that ice cream, smoothies, pudding, black beans, and cilantro lime rice taste so good when I can barely open my mouth. I have stuck with the lower end of the calorie spectrum part and sugar free pudding but lets be honest, I have loved every ice cream minute and that makes me sad. I am sad that I love the food that much and have turned to the Dulce de Leche for comfort. As for the physical pain......well the removal of my wisdom tooth did not go smoothly and my front teeth went through a lot of trauma so they hurt worse then the extraction site. not only that but I have some nerve damage and it is unknown how long it will last. I am numb from the middle of my bottom lip to the right corner of my mouth and down my chin. You know when you leave the dentist after having work done and your lip and tongue feel thick, fat, tingly and hot....well welcome to my mouth and it could last forever or 6 to 8 weeks. AAAARRRRRGGGGGGGGG!
I would like to take a minute and thank one Dawn Luker for being my driver and keeping me calm with my non-feeling lip/chin issues. All I could focus on was the fact that I might not feel my lip, I mean part of the reason I am losing weight is to that I will be in a place where I can be in a relationship and part of that relationship I would like to involve kissing and well I would like to be able to feel said kissing.......is that sad that is what my focus is on this issue? Well that and not wanting to dribble in public!
All that being said, I would like to say that I am planning on being back on track on Monday starting the week with appropriate foods and ending with ZUMBA (well as long as the pain is gone in my neck, jaw, and head). As always I will keep you posted and thanks for being TEAM MELISSA (or TEAM MOISHA for some)!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think your addiction (food) isn't that far off from mine. And these are the things I've learned in the past year:
1) You will fall off the wagon
2) You will crave the things you shouldn't have
3) You will be so disappointed in yourself if you DO fall off the wagon
4) But you've promised yourself something that you truly need for your health.
You CAN do this. You WILL succeed. How do I know? Because you're Melissa and you ROCK!
Post a Comment