Monday, September 6, 2010

A Change, Goals, Weigh-in, and a Recommendation

I have decided the Monday's are going to be weigh-in days from now on. Just because my weekends usually lack any form of structure and I end of forgetting to weigh in before I eat. So Mondays it is.
Current Weight: 280.6

Goals:
1. I am going to log all foods eaten every day.
2. I am going to make a vow of fast food celibacy. Good bye drive thrus......however there are some concessions - Taco Bell Cantina Tacos are okay once a week and I am allowed 2 sugar free vanilla iced coffees each week from McDonalds.
3. Work outs- I am going to attend 1 group class, do 1 workout video, and take 3 morning walks this week (anyone want to join in is more than welcome).
4. I am going to ask for help when I need it.

Recommendation:
Missy sent me the link to another blog and I thought I would pass it along. It is written by a woman who lost 100 lbs, and it isn't a diet plan but insight. I am really enjoying reading it and it is helping me along this journey.
Here is the link http://dancepartyforone.blogspot.com

Thanks for reading and for the support!!
Melissa

1 comment:

A Real Good Friend said...

Thank you for the link to my blog and for your comment! I've read yours....especially liked the Vampire Post (not because of the vampire reference per se), because of the frank, open, honest and vulnerable way in which you put yourself "out there" and truthfully expressed...YOU...as you currently see (and understand) YOUR SELF.

Excellent insight
Honest Assessment
Really Good Writing

Keep it UP! All of it....the trying, the goals, the assessing and the honesty.

I assure you, you will find that there are INDEED hurdles to tackle AFTER the weight is gone, and excuses to confront even when you have shed the pounds and changed your exterior. But don't be afraid. When you have moved further on with this journey, you will feel incredibly empowered and strong.....strong enough to face ALL the things (people, relationships, fears, failures, emotions, etc) which have held you back up until now. Believe me....YOU CAN DO THIS! You can decide to change and BE!

Thanks again for your interest and support!
Be Your Best!
Becky