For reasons unknown to me I always write the best blogs (not really write but think them out) in the shower but then can't remember all of it by the time I get to the computer. I have a really good one today though so I hope I can write it out as good as it was in my head. It doesn’t really have anything to do with workouts, nutrition, or weight loss but has everything to do with the journey I am on to better myself. So here it goes.
If you have ever seen the movie “Never Been Kissed” you will understand the term “lemming”. I realized today (while in the shower of course) that I have allowed myself to walk around for years as a lemming, a follower, a member of the crowd with no originality or voice of my own, one who speaks or repeats what I have been told, a tool (as defined by Urban Dictionary). You might wonder why I am coming to this realization now, well allow me to tell you. I have a really good friend who is very opinionated (not in a bad way). He has his opinions and does not shy away from sharing them. I admire this about him because I recognize that I have tried to win peoples approval and not ruffle any feathers for so long that I just accepted others opinions and ways of life as my own without taking into account my own thoughts, feelings, and beliefs. I just took people on their authority and word rarely expressing my own opinions. I just followed in order to fit in and to be liked. I quit forming and expressing my own opinions. I became a lemming.
I have always had my own opinions but for the first time in years I actually speak my mind without censoring my opinions for fear of being rejected. I would like to thank my opinionated friend for challenging me to leave my lemming ways and for letting me see that I have people in my life that want to hear my opinions even if we don’t agree and we can still respect each other (at least on all matters except Justin Beiber, but then again we do agree on that subject).
So the moral of this short but sweet blog: Have friends that challenge you to be better, the ability to respect each others differing opinions is healthy, and I need to create a way to blog while in the shower!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Love it! I'm glad you are back to blogging. I'm so proud of you every time I read a status update about you working it out, it motivates me to get up and get moving :)... I do my best blogging in bed when I can't sleep, of course it is all forgotten by the time I wake up the next morning. :( If you figure out a way to blog in the shower, let me know because I come up with some good ones in there too.
Post a Comment