I have a spot on my bucket list devoted to Halloween. It might shock some people but I will tell you, I want to go to a costume party and I want to be dressed in some hot, slightly hooker-ish, sexy costume and I want to look hot and sexy in it. I am planning to do such a thing on Halloween next year. Now, it is quite possible that I would not leave my house in such a costume but I kinda just want to know that I could if I want to. Most Halloween's I sit and think about what I would do but this is the first time that I have ever believed that slightly hooker-ish costume will be a possibility in the future. I am excited. And I have managed to stay away from the candy..........for the most part.
Sorry it has taken a while for me to update but oddly enough I have been busy. I am attending Zumba classes at least 3 times a week and have started a couch to 5K program in the mornings that I do not go to Zumba. I rest on Sunday. I have been so tired and have been going to bed pretty early. Just in the past few days I have started feeling the energy from the workouts. Thank God, because I have been so very tired. I have also started Weight Watchers. I felt I needed just some extra food accountability and the points counting seems to work better for me than calorie counting. I promised myself that I will do 8 weeks of meetings before I stop just to get a little control on the food aspect. I finally feel like it is all truly clicking!! Plus I have started doing things that are out of my comfort zone: I did a night of NM, where I have no clue what I was doing, I have gone to 3 workout classes alone, and I sought out help when I needed it.
I am loving my life at the moment because I am learning who I am and what God has for me. I don't love the current state that my body is in but I can say that I am beginning to embrace and love the person that I am. That is the difference. I have been judging myself on the person I see in the mirror and the hate and lies that I have told myself for years and two weeks ago that changed when I realized I am a new creation. I have a new identity. I am quite enjoying it. It is because I can see past the dysfunctional thinking, the lies, and the person in the mirror that I am able to press on with the journey in front of me. My new identity is why I finally believe that I have worth and that I can do anything I put my hands to!! You might ask why, and it is because I know (and I am continually learning) who I am in Christ and how God loves and sees me! Don't get me wrong, I still have to check myself and I struggle at times but I do not let it take over. I have cheated on the diet, I was only able to go 2 days without a Latte but I didn't trash myself I learned from my mistakes, made a new plan and moved on. I just have a peace in my life and a joy that has NEVER before been there and it is AWESOME!!!
So here are some guidelines that I am currently following:
1. I do at least 3 Zumba classes.
2. I never leave the gym without burning at least 500 calories
3. I will plan meals and take snacks and lunches each day so that I am always prepared
4. I will log all foods
5. I will try something outside of my comfort zone
6. I no longer say "I can't"
7. I will meditate daily on the Word!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment